Sunday 10 July 2016

Sir David At 90,A Lifelong Inspiration!.

After the very kind offer from birding buddy Tim Cowley to go along to a talk at York University by the man himself,Sir David Attenborough,i literally jumped at the chance.
 So along we went to see the great man in the flesh,with a packed house listening on every word from this living legend and it got me thinking what a great inspiration this man has been to me.It is Sir David along with my gran who is no longer with us sadly,who both drove a fire inside me to be interested in the natural world.
 So thanks to them both for giving me the start in this lovely hobby from watching Sir David in the ground breaking series Life On Earth in the late 1970's to walks in 'Little Switz' at Hessle with my gran learning about birds,insects and wild flowers and i owe them a great debt and have many fond memories.
 So here i am 40 plus years down the line still enjoying this fantastic hobby and hopefully a little bit more knowledgeable.
My Gran Looking After Her Roses In Her Garden,Great Memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment